You already may have been downloading lots of torrents or probably have heard about them. But have you ever wondered how to create and upload a torrent? So let’s start understanding about torrents and then we will show you how you can upload your torrent. Also, we are going to mention a list of trackers which will help you boost your torrent downloading/uploading speed.
Steps to Create and Upload Torrent with Public Trackers
- The very first thing that you will need to do is to install a torrent client. In this case, we are going to use. You can download it from here. It is available for both Linux and Windows.
- Now open the Vuze torrent client. It will look something like this.
- Now click on file -> new or simply press Ctrl + N.
- Select ‘use an external tracker’ to prevent going through any trouble and paste “udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337” in announce URL. (This will be the tracker from where the torrent clients will get the torrent information like seeds, peers, etc.)
- Tick add multi-tracker information to the torrent and proceed. (This option will allow you to use multiple trackers in case any tracker goes down)
- Now click on new, provide a name and click edit as text.
- Copy paste all the trackers given below and click save.
- Now click next. Add files and folders that you want to include in your torrent and proceed.
- Select the location where you want to save your .torrent file. This will be needed whenever someone wants to download your torrent.
- Tick ‘Open the torrent for seeding when done’ and ‘allow decentralized tracking when the tracker is unavailable’ and hit finish.
- Now go to the library and you will find your torrent in seeding section.
To allow other users to download your torrent, you will need to save the .torrent file that was generated earlier. You can also share them to various torrent directories. Also, check out the article on best android apps. For the torrent to work you will need to keep seeding until there are enough seeds and peers.
We hope that this article has helped you to solve your query on how actually torrents are created and shared. If you still have any doubt or you’re stuck in between, you can leave a comment. We will be glad to clear it out.
About Author: Mehul Boricha
Mehul Boricha is the founder and owner of Tech Arrival. He is a computer and smartphone geek from Junagadh, Gujarat, India. He is currently pursuing his B.Tech from LDRP Institute of Technology & Research, Gandhinagar in his favorite branch i.e. Computer Engineering (CE). Apart from technology geek, he loves to listen to music, playing football etc.